Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson

Phew! I gobbled this one up! I started it last night after finishing The Wednesday Sisters and read 3/4 of it before bed. I was really looking forward to reading Sundays at Tiffany's because I so much enjoyed Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas. But at the same time, the reviews I had read before weren't exactly glowing, so I was trying not to get my hopes up too much either.

And you know what, I loved it. I loved the little bit of mystery and magic involved. I loved the child-like innocence of the story and the purity of their relationship for each other. I thought it was beautiful and so sweet and all along I thought I knew exactly what was coming at the end, but I was wrong. The book really reminded me of the movie City of Angels, which I also loved.

As for the characters themselves, I loved the main girl Jane. She was so sassy and yet so sweet. When the authors wrote sarcastic little comments by the characters, I loved it and caught each one. I just felt like I could envision their chemistry and personalities so clearly. For me it was a home run and I only wish that James Patterson would write more of these stories more often!!

Description: As a little girl, Jane has no one. Her mother, the powerful head of a Broadway theater company, has no time for her. She does have one friend-a handsome, comforting, funny man named Michael-but only she can see him.

Years later, Jane is in her thirties and just as alone as ever. Then she meets Michael again-as handsome, smart and perfect as she remembers him to be. But not even Michael knows the reason they've really been reunited.

SUNDAYS AT TIFFANY'S is a love story with an irresistible twist, a novel about the child inside all of us-and the boundary-crossing power of love.

For other reviews on Sundays at Tiffany's, check out these blogs below:


Rating: *****

Recommend: Absolutely for all those romantic saps out there like me!

4 comments:

Darlene said...

I loved this book and his other two romance novels. It was just a great story. Like you I wish he'd write more of them.

Katrina Hope said...

sounds kind of weird- but the cover and the title and your recommendation are enough to make me read it...throw it on the pile :)

Camille said...

Okay, you got me here to your book blog! I have to take notes of all your recommendations, but I won't have a chance to get to them right away, on account of all the other ones people told me about when I posted about not having cable. It's amazing how much I can get done when I don't have HGTV waiting for me in the basement.

Anonymous said...

I have seen this one but haven't picked it up because I've been a little disappointed with James Patterson recently. After this review, I'll have to reconsider.