Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Eve and Adam by Katherine Applegate and Michael Grant

Y'all!!!

I read this in 2 sittings. 

It. was. awesome. 

I loved the concept immediately and had marked it on my TBR list along with the hundreds of others I may never get around to reading -but then a miracle happened, and it showed up on my front door compliments of MacMillan Book Publishers.  It's always exciting to get an advanced copy from a publisher - it's 10x more exciting when it's a book you not only are dying to read BUT LOVE. Holy crap, I love it when that happens!

Eve and Adam is a story about 2 modern-day teenagers who find out they aren't exactly like every other normal person out there and discoverWAY more than what they bargained for. From page 1 it starts out with a bang and doesn't let you off the ride until you turn the last page.  It was exactly what I needed to escape into this last weekend as I came off a super intense work week.  At one point Sunday evening my husband asked me if I wanted to watch one of our favorite shows together and I completely turned him down because I wanted to finish the book.  150 pages later, I was so extremely satisfied with everything this book was. I. Loved. It.  The next day I brought it in to work to give to my friend Debbie who I knew would fall just as in love with it as I did. 

Great premise, great writing, great ending, great, greAT, GREAT! 

Eve and Adam comes out in stores next Tuesday, October 2nd! Pre-order your copy here! 

Description: Sixteen-year-old Evening Spiker lives an affluent life in San Francisco with her mother, EmmaRose, a successful geneticist and owner of Spiker Biotech. Sure, Evening misses her father who died mysteriously, but she’s never really questioned it. Much like how she’s never stopped to think how off it is that she’s never been sick. That is, until she’s struck by a car and is exposed to extensive injuries. Injuries that seem to be healing faster than physically possible.

While recuperating in Spiker Biotech’s lush facilities, she meets Solo Plissken, a very attractive, if off-putting boy her age who spent his life at Spiker Biotech. Like Evening, he’s never questioned anything... until now. Solo drops hints to Evening that something isn’t right, and Emma-Rose may be behind it. Evening puts this out of her mind and begins her summer internship project: To simulate the creation of the perfect boy. With the help of Solo, Evening uncovers secrets so big they could change the world completely.   Rating: ****   Recommend: Absolutely!  And no, just cause I received an advance copy, does not mean my opinion of this book was swayed in any way, nor was I compensated for my review (haha, now that's kinda funny.)

No comments: