Friday, March 27, 2015

These make me so giddy!!

You know those little annoying ads on Facebook that just drive you nuts?!  Well for once I was so glad that a certain one advertising British Illustrator, Johanna Basford's adult coloring books Enchanted Forest and Secret Garden!  


I mean people, REALLY look at these drawings!  


They are SICK! (And I mean that in the most awesome way!) 

I'm not actually a huge coloring fan, but I am a huge embroidery fan and these pictures would make some absolutely STUNNING embroidery pieces.  

And apparently, I'm not the first one to have that idea.  Check out Mary Corbet's GORGEOUS work of one of Johanna's illustrations from her website www.needlenthread.com:




Talk about inspiring!  

I know this is a book blog, and technically I AM raving about these astounding coloring books, but they're just too gorgeous not to stitch as well!  And did you know coloring can greatly reduce stress? Lord knows we could all use a lot more of that in our lives ;-)

Copies of both books can be found on Amazon here and here!!  And they're so affordable too!



No comments: