Thursday, July 17, 2008

Jodi Picoult is calling to me....

I'm sitting here at my desk trying to find ways to waste time. I have a tendency to immediately finish a task as soon as I'm given one. I hate to-do lists lingering over my head, so at times I can be a bit of an over-achiever when it comes to work.

So to pass the time, which ticks S-L-O-W-L-Y by, I'm constantly checking my Google Reader, Goodreads and hotmail. What I WANT to be doing is cracking open that brand new beautiful Change of Heart book by Jodi Picoult that is peeking out at me from my purse under the desk.

*Sigh*

Would it be so bad to sit at my desk and immerse myself in a novel? At least I'm not sitting here painting my nails or playing video games as most secretaries are known to do. It's just wrong. I've almost finished Pride & Prejudice which at least is in ebook format, but still, nothing compares the turning of a page, its just so satisfying.

I need to win some book booty, that would make me feel A LOT better about the day. ;-)

1 comment:

Katrina Hope said...

I know what you mean...

Sometimes it's undoubtable that we are sisters... I have The Supernatural Ways of Royalty, and Atonement Child peaking out from my purse under my desk, lol....

I know I wont pull them out and read them at my desk, but still it's tempting enough to me that I decide not to pull them out of my bag before getting out of the car and heading into the office.

Oh, I check every blog I can, check and re-check my facebook and email...and wait for my manager to even show me she's around, lol.

I COULD be reading right now, or painting the bathroom, or organzing my desk at home- doesn't she know this? lol.