Friday, July 3, 2015

The Third Wife by Lisa Jewell

Because I was so intrigued and even enthralled with the development of The House We Grew Up In by Lisa Jewell, which I had read last fall - I knew I needed to get my hands on her most recent novel, The Third Wife.  And again - this novel was comprised of a completely unique plot and characters - some kinda weird, some likable, some lovable and even some despisable.  Throughout the entire time, I seriously could not for the life of me figure out who the heck had "done it".  It was so well written.  I admit because there was a lot of characters going on I got a bit confused now and then, but I actually didn't put it down long enough to lose my place in the narrative.  In fact I read it in 2 days - which is pretty quick for even me!

If you enjoy a story that will challenge your way of thinking or show you a different perspective to how some families live, I think you'll really enjoy this book.  I'm fast becoming a fan of Lisa Jewell and look forward to seeing what else she comes up with!

A massive thank you to NetGalley and Atria Books for allowing me the chance to read an advanced copy!!  If you are interested in picking this one up, go here!   (*All opinions are my own and I was not compensated for this review.)

Description: In the early hours of an April morning, Maya stumbles into the path of an oncoming bus.

A tragic accident? Or suicide?

Her grief-stricken husband, Adrian, is determined to find out.

Maya had a job she enjoyed; she had friends. They'd been in love.

She even got on with his two previous wives and their children. In fact, they'd all been one big happy family.

But before long Adrian starts to identify the dark cracks in his perfect life.
Because everyone has secrets.
And secrets have consequences.
Some of which can be devastating.


Rating: ****

Recommend:  Yes!  I thought it was refreshing to not read a cookie-cutter novel.  Lisa Jewell keeps her novels fresh & exciting!

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.