Wednesday, August 5, 2015

House of Echoes by Brendan Duffy

House of Echoes by Brendan Duffy was creepy and weird all in the right ways.  I wasn't quite sure what to expect after reading the synopsis, but I was pleasantly surprised.  I loved the details of them renovating this huge old mansion and at the flashbacks of the letters between the two old sisters.  I was completely spooked out but entirely engrossed.  Great pic for Halloween coming up!! 

This was a total win for me - and I highly recommend it!

Very appreciative to NetGalley & Ballentine Books for allowing me the opportunity to read an advanced copy for an unbiased review!  This book is already out, so check here for your own copy! (*All opinions are my own and I was not compensated for this review.)

Description: In this enthralling and atmospheric thriller, one young family’s dream of a better life is about to become a nightmare.

Ben and Caroline Tierney and their two young boys are hoping to start over. Ben has hit a dead end with his new novel, Caroline has lost her banking job, and eight-year-old Charlie is being bullied at his Manhattan school.

When Ben inherits land in the village of Swannhaven, in a remote corner of upstate New York, the Tierneys believe it’s just the break they need, and they leave behind all they know to restore a sprawling estate. But as Ben uncovers Swannhaven’s chilling secrets and Charlie ventures deeper into the surrounding forest, strange things begin to happen. The Tierneys realize that their new home isn’t the fresh start they needed . . . and that the village’s haunting saga is far from over.

House of Echoes is a novel that shows how sometimes the ties that bind us are the only things that can keep us whole.

Rating: ****

Recommend:  Really enjoyed it and pretty sure I bit off all 10 of my fingernails.

1 comment:

nidhi kumari said...

happy new year...2017
http://www.shayariimages2017.com