Thursday, August 27, 2015

Those Girls by Chevy Stevens

I'm a self-admitted Chevy Stevens addict.  I freakin have loved everything she has put out.  She knows that less can often be more when it comes to a psychological thriller & suspense.  As soon as I saw her latest Those Girls was coming out, I begged every avenue of publisher I could find to request a copy.  As a result, I won 2 copies!!  I was able to gift a copy to a friend of mine who first introduced me to the amazing fictional world of Ms. Stevens and she was thrilled to say the least.

I loved everything about this story line.  I had to put it down at various intervals in order to catch my breath.  And the fact that this story revolves around 3 sisters?  Well of course you have me there too.

Ugh - I just love her - read the synopsis below and if you're into suspense thrillers - you HAVE to try this one.  Even if you're not, you might discover that you could be!  

Thank you so much to Goodreads, ShelfAwareness AND St. Martin's Press for graciously allowing me the opportunity to read a copy for an unbiased review!  This book is already out, so scoop up your copy here! (*All opinions are my own and I was not compensated for this review.)

Description: Chevy Stevens is back with her most powerful, emotional thriller yet— a story of survival…and revenge. 

Life has never been easy for the three Campbell sisters. Jess, Courtney, and Dani live on a remote ranch in Western Canada where they work hard and try to stay out of the way of their father’s fists. One night, a fight gets out of hand and the sisters are forced to go on the run, only to get caught in an even worse nightmare when their truck breaks down in a small town. Events spiral out of control and a chance encounter with the wrong people leaves them in a horrific and desperate situation. They are left with no choice but to change their names and create new lives. 

Eighteen years later, they are still trying to forget what happened that summer when one of the sisters goes missing and they are pulled back into their past. 

This time there’s nowhere left to run. 

As much of a thriller as it is a deep exploration of the bonds among sisters, THOSE GIRLS is an unforgettable portrait of desperation, loyalty, and evil.

No comments: