Saturday, July 26, 2014

Since You've Been Gone by Anouska Knight

I'm a sucker for light & romantic reads - especially ones that add in a little baking and snarky British humor.  This book was so fun and I cruised right through it!  Not to mention, the publisher sent me an actual hard copy of the book, which was such a refreshing change of pace, since I've been devouring ebooks left and right.  I know, I feel like a traitor.  I never thought I'd be such a huge ebook fan, but I cruise through them so much faster!

The cover is beyond darling and the writing was just so dang effortlessness.  A perfect beach read - or if you're like me and unable to afford the time or money to get to a beach - a great summer afternoon book curled up on the couch with an iced coffee.

Thank you Harlequin for the Advance Copy, super fun & adorable story!  Since You've Been Gone releases on August 1 - but you can pre-order your copy here!

Description: How do you learn to love again?

In one tragic moment, Holly Jefferson s life as she knows it changes for ever. Now to the external world, at least she s finally getting back on her feet, running her business, Cake. Then she meets Ciaran Argyll.

His rich and charmed life feels a million miles from her own. However, there s more to Ciaran than the superficial world that surrounds him, and he too is wrestling with his own ghosts. Will Holly find the missing ingredient that allows her to live again and embrace an unknown and unexpected tomorrow?


Rating: ****

Recommend:  Yes, but be aware there were for sure a couple of steamy scenes too.


No comments: